Sunday, May 6, 2012

Arrival Day!!


After a long flight and flying over the majestic Andes Mountains we landed in Santiago, Chile at 7:30am, and was I in for some culture shock! Spanish, French, English, languages I couldn't even recognize every where I turned. Then something new...customs! Luckily with my intermediate levels of the Spanish language I successfully made it into the country and onto baggage claim. Luckily no lost luggage for anyone and we were re screened and sent to meet one of the Chilean students, Javier and our trip faculty advisor Jorge, who led us to get some pesos! Who knew that there would be a 10,000 dollar bill!

We left the airport on a tour bus in Santiago to ride another 2 hour bus ride to Viña del Mar where we would be staying in Hotel America!

After a successful check in we found our rooms in this quaint hotel and went onto lunch at Tiki Taco, where my good friend Allison shared 8 fajitas and boy where they good! Also on our way we passed numerous dogs in the street, yes dogs! There is not too much animal control here but they were cute.




<-- Yummy!                        Doggies-->







After a fulfilling lunch we were off to see some authentic fútbol with the local Viña del Mar team, and yes they did win! I have never seen such great city spirt, they were cheering the entire time and they definitely kept the moral up and we even got into some of the cheering. It was a great experience, minus the rain and minus that I already soaked my new shoes but YOCO! (you only Chile once ~Carly) So far one of the best life experiences and it's only day one! Now time to relax, lecture starts tomorrow :)




 <-- Let's go Viña!    They won -->


No comments:

Post a Comment