Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 14: Back in the good ol' USA

After a nine hour flight we arrived in Dallas, Texas. Everyone was pretty upset to be leaving Chile but on the bright side we were back home. We had a two hour lay over in Dallas and it was onward to Pittsburgh. As I sat in the Dallas airport I began to reminisce about this amazing 2 week experience.

The people I met on Plus 3 Chile will be friend that I have for life. Even the students we met in Chile were great and we are all friends on Facebook. We will definitely be keeping in touch. This trip was something I will never forget and something that changed me for the better. To start it has been years since I flew on an airplane so that experience alone was an interesting an eye opening one. I knew a few girls coming into this trip but the girls and guys I met throughout the workshops were great people. Not going to lie everyone seemed a little weary at the workshops and the excitement hadn't yet kicked in but the second we boarded that plane it was all a reality.

This was only a two week excursion but I could not possibly have asked for a better two weeks. We learned so much about the culture, economy, food, people, and many different places. I would love to return to Chile to learn more and explore more cities. Looking back on the trip I wouldn't have changed a thing, not even the hotel we were staying in. Yes Hotel America wasn't 5 star but it was an experience and adventure in itself. My absolute favorite day was when we visited the wine company then went to Isla Negra and had that amazing lunch and explored the beach. The weather could not have been any more perfect and I could not have asked for better people to spend the day with.

We, hands down, had the most fun out of any Plus 3 program and had two amazing advisors. I would like to say thank you to Sarah Wagner and Jorge Abad for easily one of the best times of my life. It went too quickly though but it will always be a memory in my head, something I could never possibly forget. The knowledge alone we learned from this trip in the lectures and attending the University were great but getting out in the real world and exploring and putting that knowledge to the test was a completely different story. I loved having the ability to work on my spanish and practice it in real life situations not just in the class room.

Thank you again for an amazing two weeks. I will never forget this experience and I hope the freshman next year have just as good of a time that we did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment