Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 9: Last Lecture

Today sadly we did not get to sleep in today but today was our last lecture at the university. Sadly no more hundreds of steps anymore...o darn! But we gave our company presentations and ours went really really well. It was very interesting to hear about everyone's companies. But we did finish early today and actually had a pretty nice lunch this afternoon. Yummy noodles and I will especially miss the amounts of bread we eat. Definitely getting enough carbs in for the day. That is the only thing keeping me going, having little sleep is not the most fun thing in the world. But honestly I would not want to be sleeping because this place is too amazing to be sleeping and missing out on anything.
Final view of the university

After going to the last lecture we went back to the hotel and took a little cat nap before we had to get our athletic gear out and play some soccer. I played soccer over 10 years ago but I'm dusting off the cobwebs and remembering some moves, I had four goals out of 7...o yeah MVP! It was a soccer field on top of a huge hill over looking the mall and a lot of the city. It was a lot of fun and definitely a gorgeous day to play. We only played against each other but it actually was so much fun but I did receive some battle wounds from the turf but it's okay play hard! 

After some soccer and looking real rough we headed to the mall...again! This time I bought a few more things but still avoided buying shoes, it was tough. We got yummy frozen yogurt and walked around and explored the mall. Everything here is really expensive though. We decided to go to the outdoor shops and actually found other people studying abroad from the states! It was so cool running into them and they are actually studying spanish so I talked to them a little about that. Always nice to see a semi familiar face.

We walked back to our hotel...14 blocks again and dying of hunger. And of course where do we go for the second night in a row, to go get empanadas! Today I decided to try a new one and got some shrimp but of course still delicious. We had a great conversation with our trip advisor Sarah and she is literally one of my new role models. She is a great resource and can't wait to learn more from her.

Today was a fun day minus how sore I am. Now for the last time in Chile off to kareokee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment