Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 3: Off to Santiago


Last night was a blast but not a good idea to stay up late because we had to wake up
at 6am! Yes I heard my alarm go off and yes I snoozed it and went back to sleep for
another half an hour but don't worry I woke up on time and off to another two hour bus ride to Santiago and I      slept the entire time let me tell you Santiago is huge!! Definitely like 100 of the city of Buffalo put together. 
Learned a fun fact that Santiago is building the tallest building in South America. 

First we went to the Santiago stock exchange which was very pretty but very different they don't have a trading 
floor like in New York so it's not loud but it's definitely a bustling city.
Then we walked through a major square with tons of shops I know where I will be
shopping on my free time then we made our way to one of the most amazing cathedrals
in all of Chile. It was the most beautiful I have ever seen and right outside there was a
cool man made of copper because Chiles main export is copper after this we went to a
Chilean history museum it was so interesting! Not going to lie though I was starving
and thinking about food the entire time ha :) 













We went to an authentic Chilean restaurant a marisqueria a fish and meat market and you could definitely smell it but it was good! I had a chilean favorite lomo a la pobre steak with a deviled egg on top sooo yummy! We then 
hiked to the incline and saw all of Santiago and a gorgeous statue of Mary from the top of one of their tallest hills gorgeous!!! 


After walking back down we were off to our next dance class this time regaton which is
kind of like hip hop so fun and I definitely got more sweaty this time but we got
some Chilean students to join in and had a blast tonight we did not go out and Alli
Carly alyssa and I went shipping for snacks we found Chilean Doritos and they re
delicious I'm bringing them back home and yes found one of the only North American
restaurants to eat dinner at...pizza hut! They had so many different flavors and it
was so yummy getting to bed a little earlier tonight tomorrow is our first company
visit and I can't wait! Another fun filled day in chile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment