Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 2: First Day of Class!


This morning we woke up at 7am for our first day of classes at the gorgeous
university. We explored the grounds and saw that it was straight across from the
ocean. Beautiful! We then went to two hours of lecture and learned a lot about
Chilean and South American business and how much of a developing and strong competitor chile is. We then ate 
an interesting lunch at the university sausage and mash potatoes. We
stick out like sore thumbs here and everyone stares at us but it's okay I like the attention.



After a filling lunch we began our journey on a four hour bus tour of Valparaiso andViƱa del Mar with two new chilean students Daniella and Valerie. Let me tell youthey were some of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen colorful houses andpaintings on almost every stairway and there were a lot of stairs got my work out infor the day we also rode the incline and saw a beautiful view! For it supposing tobe winter it was 70 degrees and lovely outside. One of the most exciting things that happened was we met an Australian who was running all of Chile for cancer. It was so cool. Getting that tour really allowed me to feel immersed deep in the culture the two students were a lotof help with the language barrier but my Spanish is definitely getting better.











The tour was a lot of fun and i saw some beautiful sights my favorite was definitely 
by the  water. After touring chile we went to get our first real great authentic
chilean food...empanadas! They are little dough things filled with pretty much anything you
desire mine was tomato and spicy and also spicy meat! So filling and so good we are
bringing these to the US after refueling with some energy food we attended our first
salsa class!! So much fun! We shook out hips and learned how to partner dance and
you know who my partner was? The teacher! I was a little intimidated but he said I
did very well but my hips are sore and I got very sweaty! It was a lot of fun and
there is a video on Facebook but the night wasn't over we were off to kareokee!! No
I do not sing but some of my fellow buds did very well we danced and sang the night
away that wasn't the best idea because we had a long day the next day going to visit
the stock exchange well until tomorrow :)



No comments:

Post a Comment