Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 8: FREE DAY!!!

It is a beautiful Sunday morning in Chile and I woke up this morning at 11:15. Sleeping in felt amazing I can't even explain how bad I needed it. But after a successful catch up on sleep my friend Alli and I went for a 6 mile run along the beautiful coast of Chile. Let me just say I haven't ran in forever but it felt great to get back in the swing of things. We passed many people and felt the mist on our face as we ran not ever 20 feet away from the water. GORGEOUS! After our run we walked down to the water to naturally ice our sore muscles and let me tell you it was definitely like ice! Sadly Alli cut her foot open on some glass but DON'T WORRY Dr. Molly came to the rescue! I should switch my major...NOT! 


After successful run and shower it was off to the mall! It was a decent walk...14 blocks but worth it. I actually had restraint and did not buy that much mostly for others. I know such a giving person. Anyway this mall was at least 4 stories with every store you could possibly think of. Sadly we did not get there with enough time because we had to be somewhere at 6:30 so we did not get to do too much exploring. But we did find a nice flea market type thing outside with much cheaper but still pretty items. That's where I did most of my buying.



After a quick walk back, 14 blocks, it was time to get dressed because our advisors were talking us out to dinner. We to get all fancy and it was a surprise where we were going. We felt at 6:30 and walked a couple blocks along the beach to a gorgeous restaurant called Tierrra del Fuego (Land of Fire). It was directly on the beach and empty we pretty much had the entire place to ourselves. We sat on the second floor and had a huge beautiful table. We luckily had a waiter who spoke english but I did practice my Spanish a little. First we had a delicious appetizer of garlic shrimp and sautéed steak. OH DELISH! Then I was brace and order salmon and literally was the best thing I have ever tasted! For dessert I was trying to be healthy so I did just order a fruit tray. Luckily I ate nothing all day because I needed my stretchy pants after this gourmet meal. So absolutely delicious!

YUMMY!

P.s. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM! love you

No comments:

Post a Comment