Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 6: Vino Vino Vino (Wine Wine Wine)

Today I have to admit was the best day yet. We got to sleep in, it was a gorgeous day, we had an amazing lunch, we went to the beach and best of all tried some of the best wine in the country. We traveled today two and a half hours to ViƱa Indomita where we toured a 200 acre vineyard and let me just say it was gorgeous! My aunt lives in on vineyard and would die at this place. It was a beautiful, huge white building on the top of a hill. Breathtaking! After touring the inside of the winery and wine cellar, we sat out on the beautiful patio and sipped three different types of wine, one white and two red. It was so classy minus that we were drinking three glasses of wine at 11am but that's okay!


After experiencing the country side of Chile we traveled straight to the sea where we ate the most amazing lunch. We were directly on the ocean sitting outside on this amazing day about to eat an amazing lunch. And fun fact for the day I LOVE FISH and TOMATOES! I know my mom will be reading this and going crazy. I used to hate fish but we had the best white meat fish and a tomato salsa on our bread. OMG I wish I could explain it better but lets just say...AMAZING! Mom you would be proud that I tried it.




After a fulfilling and delicious lunch on the beach we of course had to go explore the beach! So perfect the weather was perfect and 70s the tide was coming in and the waves were beautiful! We climbed all over the rocks sadly I didn't have the best shoes on, but that didn't stop me! We took beautiful pictures. (For more check my Facebook) But it was perfect my friends and I laid on a rock and soaked in the sun. Sadly we had to leave but we found cute shops and of course bought lots of good things (yes family I got you gifts).



After buying our gifts we took a tour of a famous writer for Chile, Pablo Neruda's house, which was also right on the beach. He died in 1973 so his house in now a museum. It was built to look like a ship going into the water, it was beautiful and he had the best view.

After the tour we had a tour bus ride back to our interesting hotel, which we had no water in this morning, that was the only damper on a perfect day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment