Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 5: Vist to Bosques del Mauco


Today after only getting two hours of sleep it was off to another lecture at the university at 9am. I'm pretty sure when my alarm went off my body still thought I was sleeping I tried to avoid it as long as possible but had to get up for the busy day. We left for the university at 830 and today. We learned more about culture with the same professor as yesterday. Today was more about society starting a business in Chile, cultural differences, advertisements in Chile then music. Luckily the professor was engaging or I may have fallen asleep but again another very interesting lecture. We learned a fun fact for the day today is the Chilean mothers day so happy Chilean mothers day mom! Love you. 

Anyway after an invigorating lecture we ate actually a very good lunch and it was time for our second company visit, Bosques del Mauco, which is a mushroom manufacturer. This was the company I had to research and I definitely learned way more than I could ever find in research online. Along the way we rode next to the Pacific Ocean and it was beautiful!! I would be okay with visiting here again. The owner of the company, who also owns it with his brother and father, led us around through the production of the mushrooms we had to wear our steel toed boots and hard hats and let me tell you I still don't like mushrooms the smell was well let's just say...disgusting. Once we got inside the buildings to see the actual mushrooms it was very interesting. There were thousands of shrooms and they have to hand pick all of them which I thought was crazy. It was a huge company and had a lot of people working there very interesting but I still won't eat them. 










Now it is time for our last dance class its going very fun I'm so pumped! Tomorrow finally the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment