Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 13: Leaving Chile :(


Possibly one of the sadest days so far on this trip the day we had to pack up and
leave. I woke up this morning in severe pain from horse back riding and in a bad
mood because I knew we were leaving just a few hours later. I decided to pull my
painful body out of bed and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. And of course
for my last shower in chile it was again freezing cold. After a quick wash I knew it
was time to start the inevitable task of packing. All of my clothes and things were
spread all over my room and I had no idea how I was going to fit it all or how I
even fit it in the first place. I started to fill my space bags and I quickly
figured out that my suitcase would easily be over the weight limit of 50 pounds.
After a solid two hours I squished everything in my bag and sat all my body weight
on it to close it. I reweighed it with my friend Alyssa's suitcase weigher and as I
suspected it was 55 pounds. O well looks like I'm paying the extra 100 dollars. It
was now 12:00pm and it was time to go to our last lunch as a plus 3 group. We had a
couple issues picking a place but after a small focus group we decided to go back to
where we started...tiki taco. That was where we had our first lunch together and it
was only fitting to have our last there. We ha d a delicious Mexican lunch with
excellent salsa verde and some fajitas. We all talked about what we thought about
the trip and who and what we would miss most. It was a sad but good lunch together.
We cut it a little close with the time we finished lunch and the time to catch the
bus. We boarded the bus at 2 for a two hour bus ride to Santiago, which again I
napped on. Now we are in the Santiago airport munching on some subway getting ready
to board in five minutes. Now off to Dallas!

No comments:

Post a Comment