Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 11: Paintball Team Sangre!!

Today was a great day! We got the chance to sleep in until 10:30 this morning and it felt lovely. We laid in our warm beds until we realized we should probably get our day started. So my day started with a fairly warm shower and it was time to get dressed. We then realized there was no "buffet" for breakfast this morning and we had to fend for ourselves for food. We found a starbucks and a had a yummy warm cinnamon roll and ice carmel macchiato. It was sooo good, definitely better and more filling than every breakfast we have ever had this hotel. It was a beautiful day outside and we had a free morning so what would be better than to spend our morning on the gorgeous beach?! Absolutely nothing that's what! We took the short walk to the beach and we spent all morning taking pretty pictures and spending our last free morning in Chile there. It was great!

I love Chile!

After a gorgeous and relaxing walk on the beach it was time to suit up and get down and dirty! It was time to play paintball. I was a little weary about playing because I am so injury prone but I tried my best. I was picked by my friend Alli to be on team red or team sangre (blood) and we also had both of our advisors so I thought we had an advantage, but I was wrong. Our team actually followed some of the rules. I did pretty darn well the first two games but when it came to the last game, that is where it all went down hill. I was shot straight in the head and in the butt. I'm not too sure who did it but now I have a huge welt on my head. Other people also received battle wounds and I would've much rather have been doing other things like staying on the beach and even reading. I don't really like to read so that is when you know that I would've rather been doing something else. But it was a once in a life time experience and I really mean once. But we quickly got out of our very little protective gear that we were wearing and hoped on the bus back home.

I took a little nap on the ride back and it was time for some din din. We ventured to a small italian restaurant and had a very filling pasta meal. We enjoyed some great conversation with team sangre and had a great time. I returned to the hotel took an ice cold shower which was a natural icing for my bump on my head. Now it is time to get ready to go out for one of our last night's in Chile. But one plus side...HORSE BACK RIDING TOMORROW!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment