Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 7: Day at the "Spa"


Today we got to sleep in! We didn’t have to be ready until 10:30 and today we are off to the spa. I know what you might be thinking I’m jealous I wish I could go get pampered all day…yeah no, not a spa. Apparently spas in Chile are where students and children all play soccer together and relax by the pool. Believe me I thought I would be getting a massage and sleeping all day. Nope! But it was so much fun. This was a gorgeous hotel with over 5 pools and a beautiful lunch buffet. Believe me I ate way too much food but all FREE! We tried different authentic Chilean drinks and they were all so good. This weekend is one of the girl's birthdays so the waiters gave her a cake and everyone sang to her. Everyone here is so nice. 



Sadly we did not get to go in the pools because it was very cold but we did play soccer. No I do not play soccer but I did have my five seconds of fame and scored a goal..backwards! We actually never ended up winning against the Chilean students but we tried very hard. This is their national sport, if we brought them to the states I would play them in basketball and kick some Chilean butts! After playing a vigorous game of soccer we had a huge lunch then played some ping pong. 

After a long but great day at the spa we were off to the professor of the program's house for a yummy bbq. I was not that hungry but I found the room in my stomach to eat some delicious kabobs. We got together we all of the Chilean students in the program and everyone else and enjoyed a night of laughter and foosball.The students are very fun and have been really great to us. :) I never want to leave but I do miss home but LOVING it here!



Today was another great day and tomorrow is a FREE day! Can't wait to sleep in ALL DAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment